Saturday, January 11, 2014

Song-ography




Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.



                                                                             "Brave"


December 2013 - Boulder City Nevada

This was tough, and I finally settled on this statue of a little girl just living and laughing. She isn't afraid of anything, true innocence.  I'm sure she is not afraid to say what she thinks.
The "art" of not saying what we think comes with experience, hurt and anger, also fear of reprisals.




You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
When they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

Everybody’s been there,
Everybody’s been stared down by the enemy
Fallen for the fear
And done some disappearing,
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, just stop holding your tongue
Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

And since your history of silence
Won’t do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

6 comments:

  1. I love this little girl! This is a perfect photo for "Brave." Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be like a child . What a lovely interpretation of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is that a beautiful statue and perfect for this song. If only we could all be brave like a spirited child loving life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great image for our awesome song this week!! i was going for a similar interpretation, being young and fun, at any age!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, I think we are the bravest when we are young...and the fear of all the "what ifs" just aren't there in our lives yet. A brilliant interpretation for the song! Thanks for joining in at Song-ography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is perfect! Kids are so wonderful about expressing themselves. You're right that we grow into repressing our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.