- Be vigilant, always. Travellers open themselves up to thieves the minute they get lazy. Use a money belt and keep it on.
- Store ID, travellers' cheques and credit cards in separate places.
- Don't sleep in public places, especially if you are alone.
- Keep your passport and valuables in the hotel safe or locker.
- Make photocopies of all your ID and cards, scan them and keep copies online and leave a copy with a family member.
- If you need emergency assistance or advice in any country, call Canada's Foreign Affairs and International Trade 24-hour emergency hotline collect at: 613-996-8885. In Canada and the U.S. 1-800-267-6788.
- Register online with a Canadain government office abroard at www.travel.gc.ca/register.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
January 2009 Project 365
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)