Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday My Town Shoot Out Tim Horton's



I'm posting over here this week.

Topic this week is Eating and Drinking in my Town.

I don't have access to my large archive as we are in Mexico so I'll just post what I have.

We have a gazillion cafes in Toronto plus the ubiquitous Starbucks. I avoid Starbucks at all costs. The only time I would go into one was when I worked in this building and if it was raining we would use the Starbucks in the lobby. Toronto has a huge underground path but this building wasn't connected, so we were stuck.
In nice weather we could go to one behind the building or one block over to John St.



Otherwise our choice was Tim Horton's.
It was founded in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario, by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton and Jim Charade, after an initial venture in hamburger restaurants. Tim Hortons Inc. (known internationally as Tim Horton's Cafe and Bake Shop) is a Canadian multinational fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food service with over 3,000 stores nationwide.

One of my favourites last summer a tangerine smoothie.


You can't turn around in the city without finding a Timmy's. They are everywhere.


In February everyone gets obsessed with the "Roll Up The Rim To Win" contest.  I was always hopeless, throw it out before rolling it up.

We have food trucks not as many as lot of cities, anyhoo, this one has a Tim Horton's cup on the side for tips.

5 comments:

  1. Tim Horton's looks good to me. If I ever get up that way, I'll drop in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a roll up the rim to win cup before, but then I've never seen a Tim Horton's Restaurant either. I have however, had several Canadian friends tell me about it and they seem to like the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The display with all the goods looks very tempting and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, so glad to have you on FSO. I hear about Tim Horton's from several of my Canadian co-bloggers. You have some good shots here. Love the one of the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have plenty of Starbucks here in Singapore but I've never been into one as the prices are quiet steep for a cup of coffee/tea for me. I always prefer to eat at home.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.