Friday, February 14, 2014

Halifax Pier 21



August 2013 - Halifax Nova Scotia

The Canadian Museum of Immigration is at Pier 21 on Halifax's seafront. You can take a guided tour, which I suggest, as ours gave a face to all the amazing immigrants who came to Canada for a better life.



They have recreated the warehouse to reflect how immigrants would have seen it.



Recreation of a train that many immigrants would have boarded for western Canada.







There is a ship which shows how many of the immigrants travelled across rough seas.









4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful and informative post! I never knew about The Canadian Museum of Immigration is at Pier 21 on Halifax's seafront. Important historical site indeed. I came by the west coast via the Vancouver airport forty some years ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos tell such an interesting story. I have not been to Canada's east coast (I live in the Pacific Northwest) but I hope to go there some day. When I do, this museum will be on my must-see list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of history is always so interesting. All of our ancestors had to come from somewhere to get to the U.S. or Canada. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.