Thursday, April 16, 2015

Weekend Reflections


Click to see the rules and to take a badge for yourself.

Posting at Weekend Reflections

March 2013 - Oklahoma City OK

Taken at the Oklahoma City National Memorial. April 19 2015 is the twentieth anniversary of that horrible day at 9:03 AM.
This is not just a photograph of a reflection but much more as we remember all the innocent people around the world that have died needlessly.

On the morning of April 19, 1995, Timothy McVeigh parked a rental truck with explosives in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and at 9:02am, a massive explosion occurred which sheared the entire north side of the building, killing 168 people.
I do think the family in pink in front does give us hope.

We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity.®





10 comments:

  1. Very moving. Catastrophic to think of just how evil a human being can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, William, never ceases to amaze me. But then we can see so much good in people too!

      Delete
  2. fantastic photos..and a lovely monument

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! And I like the geometrie composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot of a wonderful monument, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite memory of visiting this memorial is stopping by with our daughters after a football game in Norman. I met one of the rescue workers with his K9, they had worked the Murrah building disaster and were to leave the next morning for New York City (911). I fell in love with the K9 and wanted to take him home with me (such a sweet dog). I learned so much from them about their work, they are true heroes! I can't believe it's been 20 years. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is fantastic... amazing moment ... The memorial is touching...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a powerful picture you've captured there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shot of the monument. I like it

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.