Friday, April 18, 2014

Saturday Snapshots - The Green Charlotte NC Part 2



West Metro Mommy Reads

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

April 2014 - Charlotte NC

Last week I mentioned that I enjoyed The Green so much that I would be back with more photos.

And I'll be back again with more photos!!

The entrance to the park is flanked with two large bronze sculptures depicting stacked towers of books.

 These books reflect the theme of world literature.





That's me, to give you an idea of the size of these sculptures!







15 comments:

  1. Very lovely, greeting from Belgium, Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those, what a great park this must be. The sculptures looked big, but I didn't realise how big until there was a person in one of the shots too. They're huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy sculpture, and these are amazing! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sculptures are much larger than I'd realized. Thank you for providing scale as well as showing the setting in which the sculptures have been placed. I was curious about which books they chose to include so I appreciate being able to see some of the titles too. Excellent photos.
    My Saturday Snapshot is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is this book sculpture? I must go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love that sculpture. The photo with the modern skyscraper in the background is very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love public art ... this is a wonderful sculpture! I wonder who got to pick the titles for the books ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love that sculpture! Terrific photos!

    I've been away from Saturday Snapshot for a while. I'd love for you to stop by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing. And so appropriate for all of us who love books. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tribute to literature! I like the photo of the person standing next to it as it gives proper scale to it.

    Sean at His Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great sculpture. Wonder how they decided on which books to choose.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.