Sunday, April 20, 2014

Monday Mural Grove City PA

I'm linking up at Monday Mural hosted by Oakland Daily Photo.

April 2014 - Grove City PA

Last week I posted the second mural painted in Grove City. This was the first.
Click here to read about this delightful town.
Click here for last week's mural.
Click here for some of Grove City churches.

The first mural created is located by the Gazebo. Three female interns were hired to create this mural by interviewing the Grove City Historical Society and then asking for help from the community to paint squares of canvas. The interns set up shop in a local home and sketched the mural and then had people from George Junior, the nursing homes, and schools come and paint individual canvases which were later put together like a puzzle. This mural is more whimsical in its design aesthetic and is filled with bright colors that pop against the neutral colored buildings.


5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful mural! Very dynamic and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patterns in this, especially the quilt block farmland! And the biplane reminds me of that editorial cartoonist from The Star (in the 60s and 70s) who always had a biplane up in the corner with a banner trailing... wish I could remember his name.

    Anyway, the bakery in my mural is at Dundurn and Aberdeen. It is very good. They can also be found at a lot of markets and special events in Hamilton and Halton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz only this is 'follow the rainbow road'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful composition. It is especially heartwarming that so many citizens got to participate it its creation. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! My name is Carina Earl. I was the lead artist and sole designer of this mural. Please check out my other paintings at www.carinaearl.com Also, please friend me my on my art facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/carinaearl.artist
    Glad you guys liked the mural design!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.