Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday My Town Shoot Out - Out and About




I'm posting over here this week.

April 4: Out and About - Take us on a walk through your town. What are the sights you see when you are out doing your daily or weekly chores, or when you are out for some leisure? 


We are still down south as we spent the winter away from Toronto. So my photos are from my archives but are pretty typical of a day around town.

I look out our window (facing west) and enjoy seeing all those commuters on their daily drive into the city knowing I don't have to go to work!


 I take the shuttle bus from our condo and it drops me off behind Union Station near the Air Canada Centre.
The shuttle bus gets diverted when there is a concert at the ACC, such as the Miley Cyrus tour last Monday.
It would have been a zoo around here around rush hour!!



There's always something being built, this is around the corner from the shuttle stop.


I might walk uptown towards city hall passing by this building The Royal Bank of Canada.

 
 Toronto City Hall which houses the offices of the infamous Rob Ford, our mayor...


A street car passing in from of city hall and the Eaton Centre.


 Dundas Square near the Eaton Centre.
 

12 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my holiday in Toronto in September. Spent hours just wandering around admiring the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie...I lived at Young & Bloor for a while...my girls and I (sometimes hubby) used to walk down to Dundas Square. I feel like I am back there. Oh, I miss the street cars too. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. \how cool that you once lived here. Thanks for dropping by and visiting me!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful architecture and cityscapes. They are all very inviting. Love that street car!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. It occurs to me that's a side to Union Station I haven't seen- I haven't gone into the ACC, so that outdoor plaza is unknown to me, aside from its location.

    Infamous is an understatement. I actually saw the guy when I was last in Toronto, passing by that cafe in City Hall. He glared at me as if sensing my dislike. I glared back. Too bad I didn't ask him where to score some crack... just to see the look on his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back of the station is the best place if you have to pick someone up as you can stop.

      You should have asked him about some crack, would have been funny!

      Delete
  5. I really like the first photo, you must be quite high to get that angle. The impact of the buildings and traffic seems softened by the early morning light. Some neat reflections in other photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on the 27th floor so the view can be amazing!

      Delete
  6. It's almost like my little country, with too many high rise buildings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Similar to my country, too many highrise buildings around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots. I think I would like to live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Royal Bank of Canada is a very cool building. I like the way you captured the reflections of the buildings around it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.