Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Travel Photo Thursday

I'm posting over at The Budget Travelers' Sandbox.


September 2013 - Manhattan New York


Central Park - I thought this would be appropriate for today.



The iconic black and white Imagine mosaic, designed by a team of artists from the Italian city of Naples, lies in the center of Strawberry Fields in Central Park opposite the Dakota Building where Lennon lived. 
"Imagine" evokes a vision and hope for a world without strife, war and conflict.



5 comments:

  1. A perfect photo for today. Strawberry Fields is a special place. I have a photo I took there as the wallpaper on my pad. Just a little light in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of the untimely death of John Lennon when I hear that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very appropriate, Jackie!
    His birthday's coming up on Oct 9. Happy Birthday, John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And noting the date of the post, I also imagined a world without 9/11 memories! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.