07 September 2013

inSPIREd Sunday




St. John’s Anglican Church is a picturesque structure built in the Carpenter Gothic style. It is a 19th century wooden building designed in a style was based on the architecture the great Gothic cathedrals of Europe. It is meant to remind you of Westminster Abbey or Canterbury Cathedral. 
Unfortunately it is only open on Sundays from Easter to Christmas. Therefore I couldn't see the famous murals that William de Garthe created for the church.

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of this building. What a great find. And the cat is a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like, I like! It reminds me of a church I went to as a kid. Orange kitty is cute, too.

    Thanks for sharing this beauty in InSPIREd Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful church building. I love the steep roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so white & clean. like it has a top hat on it's head. ( :

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Tuesday Treasures

Tom hosts Tuesday's Treasures. 2013, 2017 and 2025 - Memphis TN 2017 William Christopher Handy (November 16, 1873 – March 28, 1...