Saturday, September 7, 2013

Song-ography



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.





I Want To Break Free - Queen

OMG one of my favourite songs/group ever!! We saw a tribute to Queen It's a Kinda Magic" at Massey Hall in Toronto in 2010.




Then we saw We Will Rock You three (3) times in Toronto featuring an amazing Canadian singer/actor Galileo - Yvan Pedneault.



                                                             "I Want To Break Free"
I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free.

September 2013 - Brooklyn New York
Taken this week while on the night tour. The Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) Brooklyn, New York, is an administrative facility that houses male and female inmates.




  A little blurry, but you get the idea.

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time

And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love.

It's strange but it's true
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free, baby
Oh how I want to be free,
Oh how I want to break free.

But life still goes on
I can't get used to, living without, living without,
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free.

I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah
I want, I want, I want, I want to break free.

6 comments:

  1. I think the blur adds to the feeling of the piece and implied desire to be free

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly a place that you should try to break free from. I'm surprised you got pictures. Our State Prison is located in the town I live in. You can't drive by it and stop you car on the road without being stopped by guards and told to move along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes - the blur adds to the mystery of being locked-up! I don't know if I should be sorry or sad for the residents of this facility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they do want to break free... but for what reason? Remorse? Revenge? A chance to start over? Have no answer. But the blurred image actually enhances those thoughts of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what has already been said...I like the blur...it makes me wonder more about the photo and spurs my thoughts. Great job! Thanks for joining in on Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with what has already been said, the blur ads to the whole composition. It makes my mind both wander AND wonder. Great job. Thanks for linking up to Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.