Friday, September 27, 2013

Saturday Snapshot


 

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

September 2013 - Hamilton On

I went to African Lion Safari for the first time this week even though we have driven by it so many times in the last 22 years that we have lived in Toronto.



You can either drive yourself around in your own car which I wouldn't recommend unless you like having monkeys climb over your car and even poop on it LOL!





There is a bus that you can take for a $5 fee which is much more enjoyable and it stops to allow you to take photos (from with the bus!!). There is some reflection from the windows and you do have to shoot around other cameras and arms. 
If you do take your car you can bypass the monkeys but you still can't open your windows.














Once you have finished your bus tour you can take a ride on the African Queen.





There is also a train ride which we didn't take.
There are shows featuring birds of prey, elephants and parrots that we attended.

















Then you can walk around and visit some other animals.





12 comments:

  1. incredible captures of so many animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the birds! What fantastic shots you took!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being frightened of the zebras when I was five and visited the San Diego Zoo. But of all the animals, there is none more impressive than the big ones. The monkeys are favorites for their antics.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that place, even though I too haven't been there

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that place, even though I too haven't been there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos and animals. WOW!!

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  7. These places are so fun! We drove thru one once in a motor home and the attendant said to my husband, I'll have to check your rear end! (She meant where the sewage hose was stored of course) would draw the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great photos. I've never been to a drive through zoo like that,it must be an extraordinary feeling. I love that green and red parrot- it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos. I've never been to a drive through zoo like that,it must be an extraordinary feeling. I love that green and red parrot- it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Well, except for maybe the monkey poop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Well, except for maybe the monkey poop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what do they do with the animals in the winter. I do not think this was around when I lived in TO.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.