19 July 2026

31 Days in Canada

  In honour of CANADA DAY  I plan to post a daily image of Canada and a link to a random Canadian location we have visited.



Vikings arrived in Newfoundland around 1,000 AD, roughly 500 years before Christopher Columbus. The Norse explorers, likely led by Leif Erikson, established a base camp at L’Anse aux Meadows on the Great Northern Peninsula. It remains the only authenticated Viking settlement in North America.



          Vikings Tour Newfoundland and Labrador - random post



1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to see L'Anse aux Meadows! Maybe some day, who knows. But in the meantime, I've tried quite a few of those Alberta brands of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Weekend Roundup

 Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler 1. Starts with " G " 2. A Favorite 3. GOLD- Chosen by Tom ...