28 July 2026

Tuesday Treasures

  Tom hosts Tuesday's Treasures.

June 2026 - Toronto ON

Some more photos from our visit to the Old Post Office Museum last week.

So it seems we have a Toronto Letter Writers' Society. Top right outlines the dates and times of meetings.
Their website. I love they have a "Go Analog This Year" section.


The Art of Letter Writing

Temporary Exhibit
Love is in the Mail
Opening: April 1, 2026
Closing: October 1, 2026




Designed and curated by the students of the University of Toronto's Master of Museum Studies Capstone Project, the exhibit aims to share the history of love through letters in 19th century Toronto. With detailed examples of historic love letters from Torontonian residents, the exhibit will explain the social customs of the time, courting regulations, and how even with the passage of time, we still long to transmit emotion through communication.




My Dad worked out west when we first came to Canada, and he would write love letters to my Mom, but he always included kisses for me and my sister!!



3 comments:

  1. ...the Postal Service is a fraction of its former self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! I've just come from Analog Corner over on the Letter Writer's Society you linked us to. DID YOU SEE THE ANALOG LIFESTYLE KIT???? OMG. It's so beautiful!!! And how cute is the little Explorer's Log Book? I almost ordered one because it said it can be used anywhere in the world, but, after it calculated shipping, the total jumped from C$50 to C$258.45. Uh, no.

    That post office museum is also amazing. I looked to see if we have anything like it here. We do! The Smithsonian. So, add that to my if I ever get to go to Washington DC list. Of course I will not be going THERE anytime soon thanks to you know who.

    Thanks so much for linking me to your post! I find it all fascinating and wish I'd been on the adventure with you!

    Your dad's love letters to your mom!!! With the kisses for you and your sister!!! What treasures!!! How many do you have total? You're so lucky...my dad traveled a lot for work and I asked him for post cards. Did he write notes on them and mail them? NO! He just brought the postcards home in his suitcase with nothing written on them. Dad...you missed the point! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to buy that log book and ship it BUT because of that Mango Mussolini I have to go through hoops to mail anything to the States, re: my post a couple of weeks ago when I was sending Deb something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      That museum is tiny but so much fun, they change the exhibits frequently! Yes, it is an adventure that we would enjoy together! We have so many museums here.
      I probably have at least ten or so. I have scanned everything as I know it will all get thrown away as no one is interested in any of this "old" family stuff.
      I've bought post cards on vacation meaning to post them, but it is always so hard to find stamps so they have come home with me!

      Delete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Day 11 Boca Raton Florida to Daytona Beach Florida

November 2017 - Daytona Beach FL Day 1 - Toronto to Cranberry Township PA Day 2 - Cranberry Township to Wytheville WV  Day 3 - Wytheville WV...