25 July 2026

Hash House

San Diego CA (CLICK LINK)



SATURDAY
So on Saturday it wasn't smoke, it was fog and it rained most of the morning. Then we got a tornado warning!
We got laundry done and put away!

I was looking on Amazon for plant holders, when I decided to "shop" at home and came up with this. The fern needed a taller stand, I took a stool that was hidden in a closet and switched the bench, originally holding the fern to house the spider plant. The bigger spider that was in that corner got moved into the bedroom (it needs some love and care) and its stand (a plastic square pot) will go to the loading dock.

I cut the babies off the spider plant, they were draining her. T said she would take them.


I watched the latest two Grantchester's. 

SUNDAY
We finally had blue skies on Sunday! I decided to walk over to Rabba, a 24-7-365 market for a few items for our upcoming visitors.
What a gorgeous day in the neighbourhood!









Our mani-pedi spot is on the left.



I decided to use one of the Costco steaks as a stir fry, we didn't really enjoy that batch of steaks.
Another load of laundry!
I made a chocolate (gluten and lactose free) cake, ganache and raspberry compote. I also made potato salad and beet salad for lunch tomorrow. I set up as much as I could ahead of time as they will be coming from the train with their luggage around noon.





We are continuing with Silo, an American science fiction dystopian drama television series based on the Silo trilogy of novels (Wool, Shift, and Dust) by author Hugh Howey. Set in a dystopian future where a community exists in a giant silo comprising 144 levels underground, 10,000 people live in a society bound by regulations they believe are meant to protect them.

MONDAY

We went to Longo's for a couple of things before we picked up John's son and grandson at Union, coming in for a few days from Montreal.

In the evening they headed to the Blue Jays game.


2 - 3/4 litre beer plus a water  = $53.00.


They took the streetcar home.

I actually watched something on TV by myself! I don't typically watch TV on my own, I'm more likely to read. I started Little Disasters on Prime and am intrigued. Little Disasters is a 2025 UK and Ireland television limited series. An accident and emergency doctor treating an unexplained head injury on the child of one of her best friends faces the dilemma of whether to subsequently make a report to child social services.

TUESDAY
T Stands for Tuesday

We had a lazy breakfast with J and L. It was a very stormy and rainy start to the day, so no point in rushing. 
Fruit and croissants.


We headed out mid-afternoon for a late lunch/supper as they were heading to a concert for 5.


Everyone chose what they wanted and we met in the bar in the middle.
We had fish and chips. J had pad Thai and L had Nashville hot chicken.


It is storming again, this is 5:30 and it is dark. This motorcycle cop was charming as she talked about her 800 pound BMW bike. 


We were not hungry for dinner. They Ubered back around 11:30 and we chatted before they headed down to their rooms.

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday was a much nicer day as we three headed out to the streetcar. John was going golfing.
L had asked if there was a comic book store, you ask and you get!
Who knew a comic book store would be so interesting!!



Due to Quebec's stringent language laws none of this is available! So L was beyond thrilled.





Random street shots on the same block.


This was the teeniest little sake bar/restaurant ever! I would love to go into it.



I happened to ask if L liked posters? Yes, he left with one.



Then we found a couple of record shops that were new to us. One was quite good, another not to his taste.
We went into a skateboard shop and the thrift store. From there into Kops, where he bought a record, we had been here last summer too.



Then over to Kensington Market for another lupper (lunch/supper) as they had another concert 



Ceviche for me and tacos for the guys.



A stop in the spice store, the butcher and coffee at Jimmy's. Click here for more Jimmys!!!



THURSDAY

We headed out around 1 for Union as they were heading back.

Lunch outside Union Station.
How weird is this? I had wished M a happy birthday in the morning. Then as we are eating, who should appear with her daughter and a friend?? M!! She had taken the girls to the aquarium. We messaged later about how odd in a city this size we should meet like that, she said it is because we are soul sisters!!

John settled for birria tacos from the place next door. I got steak tacos from there also, and they were delicious!




The guys got Jamaican patties since they would get dinner on the train. BTW as usual, the train was 45 minutes late getting into Montreal! Standard...


As we waited for the 3:15 bus, "our" cop was back!







FRIDAY



John headed out at 9:30 to golf, as the company came to clean the fan coils. Very young, man and woman, very professional.
I went to College Park and did my usual rounds and got a couple of samples on my way back.


I sat outside and read for a while.


Someone was surprised by a treat I left!!



COOKING
There was not much cooking this week!

Saturday - pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn
Monday - cold cuts, cheeses, potato salad, beet salad 
Tuesday - out
Wednesday - Jackie out. John leftover beef and broccoli
Thursday - out. Leftovers
Friday - steak Caesar salad and garlic bread



BOOKS


I started The Accident, I liked The Expats, but honestly, I understand its 3.6 rating and I may DNF.

I am enjoying The Woman Before Me by Ruth Dugdall, another new to me author that I think I will have to read the series!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Pepto - Bismol