Let me know if you are interested in the answers.
While many of these items were invented decades earlier, they did not become standard features in average households until much later:
Microwave Oven: Became common in the late 1970s to mid-1980s. Countertop models debuted commercially in 1967, but dropping production costs led to a massive household adoption surge across the next decade.
Modern Smoke Detector: Became common in the mid-to-late 1970s. The first affordable, battery-operated home unit was engineered in 1965, but widespread regulatory pushes and mass manufacturing did not embed them into most homes until the late 1970s.
Plastic Water Bottle: Became common in the 1980s and 1990s. Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) plastic bottles were patented in 1973 for carbonated drinks. Widespread commercial distribution of single-serve flat water peaked heavily through the late 1980s and 1990s.
Flat-Screen TV: Became common in the mid-to-late 2000s. Flat LCD and plasma displays began commercially replacing heavy, deep cathode-ray tube (CRT) television sets in living rooms and kitchens around 2005 to 2007.
Modern Smartphone: Became common in the early 2010s. The revolutionary Apple iPhone launched in 2007, but smartphones officially surpassed "dumb" feature phones globally in total sales around 2013.
Keurig-Style Coffee Maker: Became common in the early-to-mid 2010s. Originally created in 1998 strictly for office spaces, single-serve K-Cup machines built massive traction in everyday residential kitchens over the next fifteen years.
Modern Froot Loops Box: This specific, updated logo/character packaging design became common in the 2010s and 2020s. While Froot Loops cereal itself debuted in 1963, the box depicted uses the clean, modern digital branding seen on grocery shelves today.
I think I found them all, assuming that Froot Loops cereal was not yet on the market in 1965?
ReplyDeleteI think I found them all. Phone "thing" that held phone on wall. I don't know what is on the shelf next to the phone, but it doesn't belong. The phone doesn't have a plug in and I'm not sure they had buttons on phones back then, just rotary numbers. No inset TVs. And probably no color. No microwave, no coffee maker next to microwave, No bottled water.
ReplyDelete...I got them!
ReplyDelete