Friday, January 29, 2016

Saturday Snapshot

January 2016 - San Miguel de Allende

There are many women peddlers around the main plaza in San Miguel de Allende. They sell everything from dolls, necklaces, embroidery, shawls, wooden toys and so on.
They often have their children with them and maybe a baby on their backs.
This is gruelling work and I feel for them.

It is easy and polite to simply say no thank you if you are not interested.





They were having lunch in the shadow of the large church.


This is not a great photo as she was trying to be discreet. Her baby was crying on her back so she expertly brought him around, fed him and then he fell asleep and she put him on her back again. All while also trying to sell her wares.






This woman appeared elderly, had a cane and hardly a tooth in her head. I bought an embroidered square placemat that I probably paid too much for, but it didn't matter.











West Metro Mommy Reads


Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

14 comments:

  1. So many stories can be told about the people and their journey....thanks for sharing a bit of it all. Here is MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos of such colorfully dressed people!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, what lovely ladies and photos. I am sure they appreciate you business. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great, colorful photos. Their faces are so intent and thoughtful - I wonder what is going through their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much colour! And yes you're right, it looks hard work, a difficult way to make your living you would think. And all the while carrying your baby on your back too- although the older ladies seemed to carry more supplies on their back too- I guess they would only do that if they needed it for the day though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos. They all look very colorful, I am sure they have vibrant personalities to go along with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos of these gorgeous ladies. I would definitely want to buy their handmade wares - even if they are a little overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos, and love that there are stories behind each and everyone of them

    ReplyDelete
  9. So colorful...I love people photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vibrant colors catch me eye. I've only been to Mexico a couple of times, but that is what always impressed me. The colors in clothing, buildings, furnishings is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all the colors in these pictures of Mexico!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.