Friday, January 15, 2016

Chairs


January 2016 - Guadalajara Mexico


There are a number of bronze sculptured chairs by Alejandro Colunga in an open space in front of the Hospicio Cabanas.




Colunga is a Guadalajaran self taught artist that enjoys people touching his work. “I love it when people are drawn to one of my works and want to touch it or sit on it, since touch is the most intimate and universal sense we have.”

The name “La Sala de los Magos” means room of the Magos or Living room of the Magicians. Each chair depicts a magician melting- transforming into a piece of furniture. Note the legs of the chairs are legs. The feet are human feet.  


























3 comments:

  1. I like these a lot! They remind me a bit of the style of Tim Burton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these statues of Alejandro Colunga in Puerto Vallarta, I didn't know they have them in Guadalajara too. They look really beautiful. As much as I disliked Puerto Vallarta, I'd go back to see them one more time. Thanks for joining us for #TheWeeklyPostcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These chairs look so cool! I can't decide which one I like the most, very surreal, my kids would have so much fun with them as well...thanks for linking with #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.