Friday, January 22, 2016

Saturday Snapshot

January 2016 - Mazatlan Mexico

We always enjoy Art Walk, held on the first Friday of each month in the Plazuela Machado area.

There are 25 galleries/studios open for January. some we have been to in other years and I was on a mission to find a Catrina.

This photo is right side up in my folder but blogger insists on putting it this way.














 A bed and breakfast showing artists' works.






Outside LOOK Gallery are sayings by Mexico's famous artists, husband wife, Frida and Diego.
"Feet, what do I want them for if I have wings to fly."



And I bought a catrina, the lady in the middle.



West Metro Mommy Reads

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

10 comments:

  1. I'd have fun with this! The sculpture in your third shot is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful place to wander. I love those gates leading into a courtyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking at all your beautiful photos. How amazing it must be to be in a place with 25 art galleries. If I had to pick a favorite photo, it would be the one with the wooden gate. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, such amazing Art work, love the mirrored wall. And what a fabulous place for a bed and breakfast., Thanks for sharing. I am reading through all of your latest posts. I love the Gates too, all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mexico and an Artwalk would be wonderful. Such a cool way to see a city and meet other art lovers. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed with the number of art galleries, they have some gorgeous works as well. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to explore Plazuela Machado. My type of place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful pictures! It reminds me of some of the places around Tucson that I visit when we go down to see my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to do a First Friday Art Walk when I worked in galleries. I love that this walk takes you into a B&B - totally unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.