Sunday, October 19, 2014

And To Think I Saw It...Oct 11 - Oct 17

Last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving so there will be lots of autumn and turkey photos.

John worked a few days.



BUD AND BLOOM

WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBOURHOOD









TORONTO LIFE

Friday My Town Shoot Out - Moody
Weekend Cooking - Kensington Market
Travel Photo Thursday - University of Toronto
Monday Mural - Chinatown
Scavenger Hunt Sunday
Saturday Snapshot - Kensington Market



Sunday John and I attended the National Geographic travel photography seminar. It went from 8:30 to 4:00 with lunch included. It was very good but a long day. From there we headed to Mississauga for our second Thanksgiving with family.




The seminar was held at Victoria College and I had time at lunch to wander outside with my camera.

More photos of the lovely buildings here.







BON APPETIT

We were invited to two family dinners - one with my sister's partner's family and one with my cousin's family. My niece and nephew were at both.





Monday I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us. We both love turkey and enjoy the leftovers.





We had dinner out on Tuesday at the Brogue Inn in Port Credit with friends. Three of us had the steak sandwich and it was delicious.



Wednesday was Monday's leftovers.

Thursday I made curried chicken with chicken thighs, coconut milk and added kale.





We were invited to John and Margaret's for dinner, three doors down from where we used to live. Lots of laughs and great food.


MY RECIPE BOX
Mulligatawny soup


HOUSE AND HOME


John painted both bathrooms on Monday.


Main bathroom reveal




I`ll show the other bathroom next week.

SUNSET
Wednesday was a cloudy day which led to a beautiful sunset.

4:07 PM


6:18 PM




TRAVEL
I made a video last week of our winter travels for 2013-2014 and created some collages to capture some of the many things we did and saw.  This is some of the art we saw in Mazatlan during the January and February Art Walk.


Some links to posts I wrote during the week of various travels.

British Isles Friday - Liverpool
Weekend Reflections - Montreal
Look UP Look Down - Montreal
Songography - Small Town
Rubbish Tuesday - Gallup NM
Our World Tuesday - Port Hope ON


THIS TIME LAST YEAR

Black Creek Village



3 comments:

  1. What a busy week! Great photos.
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/sunday-post-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic photos. I don't know you celebrate Thanksgiving in October

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very busy week. Black Creek, it's a place I haven't been to in years, but I'd like to see it again.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.