Saturday, October 26, 2013

Song-ography Oct 27




Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.




Another hard challenge this week. I couldn't believe that I had never really read the words to this song before, yet we all can belt out the chorus.
"Forever" means many things to many people. Commitment, live forever, for some young people it can mean it takes forever.

So I reached for my well-worn, well-thumbed (online) dictionary in search for inspiration:
adverb

1.for all future time; for always.
"she would love him forever"
2.continually.
"they are forever on the move"

synonyms: continually, continuously, constantly, perpetually, incessantly,endlessly, persistently, repeatedly, regularly


Forever Young - Rod Stewart

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young

October 2013 - Toronto ON



May good fortune be with you
May your guiding light be strong
Build a stairway to heaven
with a prince or a vagabond

And may you never love in vain
and in my heart you will remain
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young
Forever Young

October 2013 - Toronto ON


And when you finally fly away
I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime
No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose
I'm right behind you, win or lose
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young ,Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
For, Forever Young, Forever Young

August 2011 - New York City




10 comments:

  1. Great photos and. I do love the lyrics to this song. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series , love that you picked out the word forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collection of "forever" photos! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was soooo hoping I could find some sort of graphiti or signage with "Forever Young" in it...unlike YOU, I failed! These are wonderful finds you photographed! Thanks for joining in on Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really ticked that I didn't get a photo of a beauty salon that we drove by the other day called "Forever Young"!!

      Delete
  5. Great set of images! But to be "Forever Young".... I guess I would not like that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was very unique. How fun to find "forever" in various places. I enjoyed your interpretation very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found great photos to go with the different lines of the song! Well done! I didn't know anything but the chorus, either. Once I looked up the lyrics, I realized how beautiful and rich they are. Isn't this link party fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and creative to find 'forever' in signage. Would love to see the bike structure.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.