Recipe and image source
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained this is a 19 oz fl can in Canada
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites 1 tbls liquid egg white = 1 egg white
- 1/3 of a large ripe avocado 50 grams
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute of choice I use a little less
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts, or swirl in peanut butter and bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 16 squares.
NOTE sometimes I like peanut butter and chocolate chips. In that case swirl in peanut butter THEN sprinkle chocolate chips.
Updated September 2021