21 July 2026

Taylor Farms Cheat Sheet

 July 2026 - Toronto ON




I'm not sure how much applies here in Canada, but I did see Taylor Farms salads in Rabba the other day. Longo's used to carry their bagged salads but pulled them off the shelves last January 2025 once Canadians started boycotting US products.

We don't have Aldi, Kroger, Target, Trader Joe's, Dollar General.

I confirmed with a Walmart employee (family) that Canada does buy Taylor Farm products.

McDonald's (and I assume the other fast food chains) get their lettuce from the States.

Olive Garden just opened in a Toronto mall, I'm not sure why anyone would eat there, it is quantity over quality!!

Canada boasts a unique variety of homegrown fast-food chains, ranging from iconic national staples to regional favorites. Whether you're in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or exploring coast-to-coast, these Canadian-born and operated brands dominate the quick-service landscape.

A&W Canada: Operating as a fully independent Canadian entity since 1995, it is the largest Canadian-owned burger chain. Famous for its Root Beer, Teen Burgers, and hormone-free beef, there are over 1,000 locations nationwide.

Harvey's: Known for its "make it a beautiful thing" slogan, this chain serves customizable, flame-grilled burgers where you dictate exactly which toppings you want, much like a sub shop.

Mary Brown's Chicken: A rapidly expanding Newfoundland-born staple, specializing in fresh, hand-cut Canadian potatoes and signature fried chicken.

Pizza Pizza: The dominant Canadian pizza delivery chain, known for its extensive network, hot-line guarantee, and ubiquitous food-court stands.

Booster Juice: Originating in Alberta, this is Canada's go-to spot for fresh-squeezed juices, functional smoothies, and grab-and-go energy bowls. Love them!!

New York Fries: Despite the name, it is a 100% Canadian-owned chain serving fresh-cut, skin-on french fries and loaded poutines.

Mr. Sub: Founded in Toronto in 1968, this is the classic Canadian alternative to American sub chains.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Taylor Farms Cheat Sheet

 July 2026 - Toronto ON I'm not sure how much applies here in Canada, but I did see Taylor Farms salads in Rabba the other day. Longo...