09 September 2026

June Recap

I'm working backwards on 2026 recaps

JUNE 2026





 TRAVEL

Toronto to Charlottetown PEI (return) 1,654 miles  2,663 KM 
We flew home from PEI on Monday June 1. See May Recap.

Toronto to Montreal by train (return) 674 miles 1,084 KM

ACCOMODATIONS

Doubletree Hilton Place Desjardins Montreal

MONTREAL



In Montreal we ate at Cochon Dingue, Les Cage aux Sports, Pigeon Pigeon. Breakfast was included at the hotel.




EATING OUT - Toronto


We ate in Chinatown at August 8, Dumpling House. I went to Mary Brown's.
I met Marsha for lunch.
Loved our coffee at Neo Coffee Bar! Coffee and pastries at Nord Lyon in Union Station.
We went to Harbourfront for pizza at Pie Bar ✅, and grabbed a beer at Shoeless Joe's. We ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory, it had been years!!!
PJ O'Brien's ✅ and Jason George Pub, nachos, not shown below.



AROUND TOWN





We began our beaver quest and it kept us busy around Old Town.  As did Pride Month. Luminato was also on.


FIFA is in full swing around town. 


Art, food trucks and skyline from Harbourfront.




HIGHLIGHT was making John get up at 5:15 on June 21 to watch the sunrise on the longest day of the year!


John had never been to the Old Post Office Museum.


I went to the Toys Alive exhibit at the library.



MURALS we found this month.

Monday murals can be found in the weekly recaps.


AROUND HOME

John took a walk around but was being bombarded by red wing blackbirds, as they were menacing the whole neighbourhood!

Contrasts



COOKING




I made a chicken Alfredo but used cream cheese and we thought it was the best!

I hadn't made meatloaf muffins in a long time!

We actually ordered in from Swiss Chalet. I could count on one hand the number of times we order in!!

MY RECIPE BOX YEAR TO DATE








No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Austria - Random Repost

May 2012 - AUSTRIA May 8 Vienna and Schonbrunn Palace May 9 Melk  and Durnstein May 10 today Salzburg As per our itinerary: Thursday May 10...