Sunday, November 10, 2013

Song-ography




Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.


Miranda Lambert - All Kinds of Kinds

I was going to skip this week as it has been so hectic and I couldn't think of anything for this challenge. but then this morning as I was ruminating about this I thought wouldn't this world be a better place if we could all just accept that it does take all kinds of kinds.


At the end of the day we are all the same...time to head home and put our feet up.



Winter 2013 - Las Vegas NV



Elsa was an acrobat
That went and fell in love with that
Horatio, the human cannonball



A wedding beneath the big top tent
With barkers, clowns, and elephants,
Sideshow family oddities and all



The dogface boy
Howled out with joy
As the tattooed lady was cryin'



Ever since the beginning
To keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds



Thomas was a congressman
with closet's full of skeletons
And dresses that he wore on Friday nights

Phyllis was a pharmacist
A dab of that a pinch of this
Concocted to suppress her appetite
When the children were fiddlin'
She'd slip them some Ritalin
And wait for Thomasina to arrive



Cuz ever since the beginning
To keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds
All kinds of kinds



When I play this old guitar
At children's shows to smoky bars
I take a break and think about the past



When I stood up in geometry
And everybody stared at me
And I tossed my test into the trash



I scratched off my number
While hitching out under
That Bushleague population sign



Ever since the beginning
To keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds



At some point the finger
Let ignorance linger
If they'd look in a mirror they'd find



That ever since the beginning
To keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds
All kinds of kinds
All kinds of kinds




9 comments:

  1. I love Vegas and I think these images show just why... it truly is a town of all kinds or kinds

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness this was fantastic. I've so got to visit Vegas someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me as if you really did get "in" to this weeks linkup after all. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm impressed with all these shots that just fit the song lyrics. Vegas is endlessly fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you hit the mecca of 'all kinds of kinds'. Well spotted - but I guess in Vegas, it's all in a day's sights. Glad you decided to join this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you not link....these tell the story of the lyrics perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vegas is definitely the place for all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there of all kinds of kinds...Vegas is your place as proven by your shots. Fun to see!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.