Saturday, November 30, 2013

Song-ography Dec 1



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.

Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins



November 2013 - Disney World Orlando Florida

Again, a song that I've never heard....also we are not at home this week nor will we be for several months. The road will be our home.

 It is a bittersweet time of year as we have lost several family members over the last month, one of whom was my only sibling, my sister.

However, we are here in Disney World celebrating a friend's birthday. It was our wedding anniversary this week. Life goes on.

Home is a place in our memories, it changes with the seasons and holidays and each has its own rituals. Home can be a Christmas or birthday or just an ordinary occasion that evokes happy thoughts. Home can be the country or city where you were born or grew up. 
 It is whatever you want to make it.
Photo


I've learned that home IS where the heart is. It is also the anniversary of our first year in our new home, a downsized version of our home of over 21 years.

Doors close, doors open, maybe not exactly when you want them to, but they will continue to do so.

I certainly don't need a fairy castle like this to feel like I am home.



Home for the holidays, 
I believe I've missed each and every face, 
Come on and play my music, 
Let's turn on the love light in the place 

It's time I found myself, 
Totally surrounded in your circles 
Whoa, my friends 

Please, celebrate me home, 
Give me a number, 
Please, celebrate me home 
Play me one more song, 
That I'll always remember, 
And I can recall, 
Whenever I find myself too all alone, 
I can sing me home. 

Uneasy highway, 
Traveling where the Westerly winds can fly, 
Somebody tried to tell me, 
But the men forgot to tell me why, 

I gotta count on being gone, 
Come on woman, come on daddy, 
Be what you want from me, 
I'm this strong, I'll be weak 

Please, celebrate me home, 
Give me a number, 
Please, celebrate me home 
Play me one more song, 
That I'll always remember, 
I can recall, 
Whenever I find myself too all alone, 
I can make believe I've never gone, 
I never know where I belong, 
Sing me home. 

Please, celebrate me home, 
Give me a number, 
Please, celebrate me home 
Play me one more song, 

Celebrate, celebrate 
Celebrate, celebrate 
Celebrate, celebrate 
Celebrate me home 

Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Well I'm finally here, 
But I'm bound to roam, 
Come on celebrate me home 
Well I'm finally here, 
But I'm bound to roam, 
Come on celebrate me home 
Well I'm finally here, 
But I'm bound to roam, 
Come on celebrate me home 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 
Please, celebrate me home, 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts. And your are absolutely right, home is where the heart is. Which can be ANYWHERE...even a memory. Happy anniversary to you! Boy..you've had quite the busy week :). Thanks for taking the time out to join in on Song-ography :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the death of your sister and other family members. As you have elegantly written, home is often a state of mind and being content with your current surroundings and company is worthy of celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is most definitely where the heart is. Best wishes to you and yours

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo...make me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo...make me want to visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I most surely don`t want to live in a castle….imagine all the dusting! Hope that you could enjoy your stay in Disney World despite you losses .All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that new word - and know that feeling. I'm sorry for your recent loss and pain, and feel for you in this 'unsettled' stage/place in life. We had something happen in my family this weekend...it was kind of hard - and that simple phrase, "live goes on" resonated with me. We just have to keep walking forward and adjust to life as it happens. Prayers for you and yours on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sorry to hear about your family losses, those 1st holidays without them are the hardest. - I'm glad though you are adjusting and enjoying your time on the road. It might be kind of fun though to perhaps stay in a castle like that even for one night.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.