Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sepia Saturday - Nov 16


Sepia Saturday

I'm posting at Sepia Saturday today. This week's challenge:


Have you ever noticed how many photographs are taken in doorways? It might have been the desire to search out a convenient frame, but more likely it was the need to go in search of natural light in order to tease those silver salts into life. Whatever the reason, a lot of old photographs feature doorways and this provides our theme for Sepia Saturday 203 (Post your posts on or around Saturday 16 November and link to the list below). As usual, you can choose any of the elements of our theme image to follow - windows, number 11, small fat old ladies - although try not to be too insulting about the latter as that is my grandmother in the photograph!

I had used a couple of doorway photos two weeks ago when the challenge was "homes".

I am late in posting and away for the weekend in Montreal without my trusty hard drive of photos. Since necessity is the mother of invention (and technology is awesome) I used Snagit to grab a photo from a family video I had.

This is probably late 1956 in Dublin and my sister and I (glasses)  are sitting in the doorway of my grandmother's house in Drimnagh. I wonder where poor Teddy lost his eye?






13 comments:

  1. Oh, he's a nifty panda! I have a teddy who also is down to one eye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the panda has only one eye, but you're showing him off anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry. With a little bit of Photoshop care that eye can be put back in no time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am another glasses wearing Jackie but you have much nicer glasses than I had - I had those horrible 'cats eye' shaped glasses for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teddy I included this week may be larger but is nowhere near as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sister are very pretty! Ireland is timely for me. I've been reading Maeve Binchy lately.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always something so grand about a one eyed teddy bear. Unafraid to take on the world even if he can only see half.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you ever loan Teddy your glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet memory of you and your sister, young, carefree and very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teddies are notorious for being one-eyed; it’s an occupational hazard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet photo. And isn't it a rule that teddy bears MUST eventually lose an eye?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, a priceless post!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.