Thursday, November 7, 2013

In Memory of my Sister




My younger sister passed away suddenly on Saturday afternoon. The photo shows us with our parents. 



Her partner, Brian wrote a very moving obituary.
August 24, 1955 – November 2, 2013
With her family at her side, Ursula passed away suddenly at St. Joseph’s Hospital Hamilton, on November 2nd, 2013 at the age of 58.  Ursula leaves her cherished children Caitlin Lazarus and Brennan Lazarus, her devoted partner Brian Underdown and her extended family Eric, Russell, Margot, Julian, Aubrey and Vivien Underdown.  She will be sorely missed by her sister Jackie McGuinness and brother in-law John Boisvenue and her dear cousin Laura O’Connell.  Born in Dublin and growing up in Montreal, Ursula was from her earliest years an adventurer.  After graduating from McGill, she joined CUSO as a teacher in Nigeria and travelled fearlessly through Africa in troubled times and other exotic places which influenced her decision to develop a career as a scientist devoted to vaccine research.  Settling in Hamilton in 1998 Ursula developed a successful practice as a patent agent with Gowlings.  Her family will remember her bright spirit, the many shared dinner conversations and her loving support. A visitation will be held on Wednesday evening from 7-9 p.m. at the Cattel, Eaton & Chambers Funeral Home, 53 Main Street, Dundas.  A Service Celebrating Ursula’s Life will be held at the Funeral Home on Thursday November 7th at 2 p.m.   In lieu of flowers, donations to St. Joseph’s Hospital, Hamilton, would be appreciated by the family.



This is a very sad period for our family and especially her children. Ursula was taken far too soon from us. 

As we struggle through this period of grief I had this week's posts already scheduled for publishing. However, I won't be visiting any of your posts for now.


10 comments:

  1. Jackie, I was so sorry to hear about this. Marsha sent me the link to the obit.

    Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you Jackie. To lose a loved one who is so young is a cruel blow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and will keep you and your sisters family in my prayers. So hard losing your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She lives in my hometown... my deepest condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of Ursula. All our thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be very hard to lose a sister, especially one so young. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences during this most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very sorry for your loss. What a terrible shock it must be for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family.
    Hugs
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.