Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Recipe Box

I am trying to use less and less processed foods. I do not want to buy all those salad dressings in plastic bottles.

I decided to make our Caesar dressing for the first time. I used this recipe and we really enjoyed it so it is getting added to our box. it is quite zesty. I combined a mish-mash of recipes and think this worked out perfectly.

Picture of Caesar Salad Recipe

Caesar Salad Dressing


Ingredients
6 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon vinegar I just used regular white vinegar but will experiment with othersesp. apple cider
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice I used freshly squeezed
Minced anchovy fillets (optional) not in our house!


Directions
Combine garlic, mustard, vinegar and two pinches of salt in a blender and mix thoroughly. Add mayonnaise and blend together to form a thick base. In a slow stream add olive oil through hole in lid. Scrape dressing with spatula into a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If desired, add anchovy to dressing to create a deeper, saltier taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.