Pork Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
This recipe makes 4 serving(s)
- 8 pork loin centre chops, boneless fast fry (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rinsed drained capers Nope, I won't add as we both dislike them.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice it needs more so add to taste!
Between sheets of plastic wrap, pound pork to scant 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. One piece at a time, shake pork in flour mixture to coat.
In skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; fry pork, turning once, in 2 batches and adding more oil as necessary, until golden and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
Add remaining oil to pan; fry garlic and capers over medium heat for 1 minute. Add stock and lemon juice; boil for 1 minute. Serve with pork.
Post a Comment
This blog does not allow anonymous comments.