Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tuesday Treasures Around the World

Tom the backroads traveller hosts this weekly meme.
Travel Tuesday
Our World Tuesday
Image-in-ing
My Corner of the World


It's June so let's feature some weddings!



May 2009 - Hong Kong China 

In Hong Kong, couples can only be legally registered as married at one of the government registry offices, or by going to one of the few large churches authorized for this purpose.

The couple must apply well in advance to have the ceremony performed at the registry office on the date and time they wish. So there are no late brides here, or they miss their turn!

Some people in Hong Kong, however, may want to be married on a "lucky day," but find they are too late to get their marriage registered on that day.

So they choose to have a customary Chinese wedding, and then, in the meantime, live together before having their marriage registered.
These are various weddings I captured.









Once the mother had seen me taking photos they kindly posed for me.





Beijing China



7 comments:

  1. ...it interesting that around the world things are basically the same. Weddings are a lot smaller these days. Thanks Jackie for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wedding s in churches or halls here and a max of 5 people in attendance. I have read some great stories of local weddings in Toronto, very creative ideas, I will post some next Tuesday, thanks for the idea, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I love this. I have taken two or three photos of people I don't know getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous photos of a special day. May they be forever happy.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/06/48-years-with-this-guy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green and white dress, reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara

    molly

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.