Sunday, June 28, 2020

My Recipe Box - Huevos Rancheros

Weekend Potluck
What's for Dinner?
Full Plate Thursday


June 2020 - Toronto ON

I decided I would cook Sunday morning breakfast. John normally cooks breakfast every day so I thought I should treat him and come up with some new recipe ideas.

This is one of my favourite breakfasts when we are in Mexico but I've never made it. I always have it at Lucky B's in Mazatlan.




It begins with a crispy tostada shell topped with refried beans, spicy chorizo, fried egg, creamy avocado slices, fresh salsa, and mexican creama.
Mexican creama is like sour cream, I didn't/wouldn't add, I've never had it in Mexico with my eggs.
Hot sauce is definitely an option.

Mazatlan Mexico

I put the chorizo on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees.


Then put the refried beans into a pot to get hot, full disclosure, I hate refried beans, but John loves them. This is a brand that we use when we are in Mexico which I bought in a small Mexican market on Bloor St. West.


Chop the cilantro and jalapeno. I forgot the scallions, but not next time.

Fry a couple of eggs.

I bought salsa this time, not sure why?? 
I have a great recipe, I was thinking of timing and also the menu was a surprise and running the food processor at 7 AM kind of defeats that purpose.
Bought in a small store on Queen St. West.




So we start layering.

Tostada




Shredded Tex-Mex cheese, salsa, refried beans, egg, jalapenos, cilantro and scallions. Chorizo on the side. You could crumble it under the egg. Oh, and don't forget the beans, again they could be under the egg.











4 comments:

  1. I'm actually drooling looking at this. One of my favourite type of breakfasts. After Eggs Bennie.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want some breakfast again! I love this idea - pinned. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.