Last Week's Post - Day 1 and 2 in St. John's NL
SATURDAY Click here for our day 3
It was a gorgeous sunny day! We spent the afternoon with lunch at Quidi Vidi.
I made a couple more dinner reservations as it is hard to get in without one at some places.
TUESDAY Click here for our day 6
WEDNESDAY Click here for our day 7
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
John golfed. I went shopping and found a sweater for fall that I love.
COOKING
10 Foods Invented in Newfoundland That Mainland Canada Forgot30 traditional Newfoundland recipes
READING
9 Books Inspired by Newfoundland and Labrador
This was all good plane/vacation reading!
I read Dark Game by Rachel Lynch, a new author, with a new female main character Kelly Porter #1.
The Parents' Association Chris Pavone. What the hell was this? I got all settled on our flight and boom this was over in a flash! It turned out to be a bonus scene from The Doorman!!!
The Babysitter Phoebe Morgan
The Girl Next Door Phoebe Morgan. Another author with very strong female characters, not necessarily good ones, but great reading.
The Doll House also Phoebe Morgan. I'm not loving this one as much so far.























That would be so cool to see all the folks walking dressed up for Fan Expo. I think I read a Chris Pavone book before but can't recall the title. I know I liked it. Hey, it's still Lake Ontario to the rest of the nondelusional Americans. (shaking my head ) He is so embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteIt is fun, although I don't know who anyone is. We just laugh now at his idiocy, and dumb with a b.
DeleteDolly has turned out to be my new favorite role model. All those folks in costumes are fun to see. I apologize (yet again!) for DT. He embarrasses me so much. I hope that someday he will spend time in jail for all the awful things he has done and that he is made to write letters of apology to all he has hurt.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI always like Dolly and she is a very good person/role model especially these days. She had a wicked sense of humour. When asked how long it takes to do her hair, she replied, I don;t know, I'm not there!!
DeleteAs for DT everyone here just laughs. I worry about the lasting effects.
St. John’s looks like such a fun trip! And I’m VERY interested in all the Newfoundland food — cod bites, mussels, seafood pasta…yum! The Fan Expo costumes look like they made for some excellent people-watching. And I laughed at Two Weeks in August being “almost trashy” but then actually getting good. You did a great job finding the perfect books to match your vacation destination!
ReplyDeleteGreat food!!!! Scrunchions and toutons and fried bologna!
DeleteYou know what it is like, it is like secretly spying on your neighbours, you know you shouldn't but do anyway!!
Yes, it was kinda brainless reading.
Asian steak grabbed my attention and the marinade could certainly be made here by 'my help' but I am unsure what the flank is named here. Maybe skirt. I must have a look in a supermarket.
ReplyDeleteYes, the boys could easily make it. It is like flank, the name I grew up with but not as tough as flank. You got me thinking/googling.
Delete"Bavette steak comes from the bottom sirloin with more marbling and tenderness, while flank steak comes from the lower belly and is leaner and tougher". "Skirt steak is thinner, narrower, and fattier (from the plate/ diaphragm), while bavette—also called flap steak—is wider, thicker, and comes from the bottom sirloin". "Bavette in Australia is generally known as the bottom sirloin flap or loin flap".
I miss getting to go to conventions and seeing everyone's creativity. It's taken part a few times with making and building my own cosplay, albeit on a much smaller scale that real cosplayers, and it is a LOT of work. Kudos to all of them.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the best costumes here https://www.blogto.com/slideshows/fan-expo-2026-photos-best-costumes/
DeleteSeeing all the folks marching in their funny outfits makes me realize one thing: everyone likes to belong somewhere and to be part of a group that accepts them. The Fan fare folks like being together!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing as I watched the people. And how everyone accepts each other.
DeleteIt sounds like you had a nice mix of sightseeing and slower days this week. The boat tour sounds especially enjoyable, and I agree—the costumes at Fanfest are fun to see even when you don’t recognize the characters! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the new sweater for fall. It's coming, isn't it? And it was quite a week for losses, wasn't it? I don't know why the dumb-ass in the White House thinks he can just rename something because he's angry Canada won't bend a knee to him? It's still Lake Ontario. But that's a great meme. And I hope you have a super T day.
ReplyDeleteToo many good people taken this week will be sorely missed. Cosplayers are always so imaginative. I think I might have recognized Sailor Moon and Robin the Boy Wonder from Batman. Happy T Day
ReplyDelete