16 August 2026

Foto Tunes - My Dad

Tom the backroads traveller hosts this weekly meme.

August 16 - my Dad's birthday


Dublin Ireland



On the right



























With his parents and in-laws on their wedding day.



.



Baie Comeau QC Canada



Montreal QC
.


















Ottawa ON with his mother, Nanny Mac



Lakes of Killarney Ireland 1970




.


Our wedding with Grandfather Swift




His favourite song Too Young











Siblings at an Irish wedding 1989 - Tommy, Leila, Hugh, Dad






17 comments:

  1. Hubba Hubba. He was one handsome man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about that last photograph - something so very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Alex: this guy is VERY easy on the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the last but one photo he is wearing a patterned tie... Very flash as most my photos they only have plain ties
    Jackie
    Scrapbangwallop

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last photo makes me think of a detective. Yes very handsome and distinguished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection Jackie; wasn't he smart?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a handsome lad. I bet he got his way a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those two last pics have a certain hollywood-ish head shot allure to them. Very nice!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree -- very Hollywood-friendly. However, the last photo seems to have the "flattering" look of a passport or drivers license compared to the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Yes, he had a great head of hair!! I love the sharp suits!

      Delete
  11. Great photos. I've probably said so before, but you really look like your mother when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Andrew! I look into the mirror sometimes and startle myself, between looking like Mom and her two sisters. My cousin freaks out because she says I look like HER mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...your father was a dapper gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great bunch of photos! Treasured keepsakes for sure!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

MAY RECAP

 MAY 2026 Coffee Date Huong Mai Coffee Rosier Coffee Gradient Somewhere Espresso   TRAVEL Toronto to Charlottetown PEI (return) 1,654 miles ...