Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Recipe Box - Sticky Chicken


August 2020 - Toronto ON

I wanted something easy to do with chicken thighs to serve with coconut rice and broccolini. We like enough sauce to cover the rice and vegetables.
I try not to buy bottled sauces so I just mixed all the ingredients together.
I'll admit I don't stick to the measurements I just mix and taste.




Ingredients

Boneless chicken thighs
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
⅓ cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce I made my own
  • 1/4 cup light soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon gochujang + 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder, OR 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce + 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
  • COMBINE ALL HOISIN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
1 Tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Tablespoons ginger peeled and grated
½ teaspoon minced garlic
Juice of one lime

Instructions
In the bowl whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, garlic and lime juice.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add the chicken and salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. 
Pour sauce over the the chicken in pan and coat each side with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds, red Thai pepper and chopped green onions.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! I think I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds amazing. Pinned and printed to try now!! Thanks for sharing this at the What's for Dinner party. I appreciate all your contributions to the fun.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.