09 August 2020

My Recipe Box - Giant Croutons


August 2020 - Toronto ON

John has been buying his gluten free baguettes from a local gluten free bakery. I find them too heavy and dense. They are the weight of a brick!
They do make excellent bread crumbs for stuffing!

John bought me the Jamie Oliver 30 Minute cookbook for my birthday, he had to track a copy down in the UK as we couldn't find any here.


I've been watching reruns of his show when I am in the kitchen. I saw him make what he called croutons and tried it for bread with pasta and it worked really well.

Giant Croutons

Slice a loaf of ciabatta into 2cm-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper, a drizzle of oil, 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 3-4 bruised cloves of garlic, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Rub the seasoning well onto the ciabatta slices. Arrange the seasoned ciabatta slices, in a single layer, in a roasting tin. Bake in 200°C (400 F) oven until crisp.
I ended up turning the broiler on to get them nice and crispy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Glen Hansard

VIDEO   VIDEO Eddie Vedder, Markéta Irglová, Thomas Bartlett and The Frames perform at Glen Hansard's funeral VIDEO VIDEO FROM MOVIE O...