Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Recipe Box - Turkey Meatballs




I had never used ground turkey until this recipe. I had come across some recipes and decided to give these a try. I loosely followed the ingredients below. Feel free to improvise. 

They were very good added to spaghetti sauce and served over pasta with toasted garlic bread.



Meatballs:

  • Cooking spray - for pan
  • 1 pound ground turkey meat
  • Breadcrumbs - I make my own from stale bread
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced 
  • Italian seasoning to taste
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. I forgot and they definitely will stick!! Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl. Form into 2 1/2 -inch balls ( I use an ice cream scoop) and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes, or until browned and  cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.