Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Book Journey is hosting It's Monday What Are You Reading and I'm linking up.
The Black Book
I started The Black Book by Orhan Pamuk. According to his website:
The Black Book, in which the streets, past, chemistry and texture of Istanbul are described through the story of a lawyer seeking his missing wife. This novel was published in Turkey in 1990, and the French translation won the Prix France Culture. The Black Book enlarged Pamuk's fame both in Turkey and internationally as an author at once popular and experimental, and able to write about past and present with the same intensity. In 1991 Pamuk's daughter Rüya was born. That year saw the production of a film Hidden Face, whose script by Pamuk was based on a one-page story in The Black Book.




I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish this. I recently read his autobiographical book Istanbul which I enjoyed but think mainly because I have been to Istanbul and could relate to the areas he described.


Read last week:


The Ice Princess

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The Black Book looks amazing! I cant wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree The Black Book looks really good!!!

    Have a great week!!

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am in the minority and think that book could be hard work. I'll be interested to read your review.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.