Saturday, September 9, 2023

Caribou Coffee

Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

September 2023 - Toronto ON

August 2023 - Carcross Yukon


Saturday John went to get groceries. We wanted corn on the cob but it took three tries before he found some.
We lazed around as we are still recouping from colds we got on vacation. We did take Covid tests and they were negative. We're pretty sure John picked this up on the White Pass Yukon train when a group of late American tourists were quickly loaded into our car and they coughed the entire trip. 

Sunday friends came over to watch the air show from our roof. It was hot and clouds rolled in making it hard to see the planes.






People were lined up along the lake.






Monday was a holiday, Labour Day.

The rest of the week is a bit of a blur. John took the car in for maintenance, needed a new battery.
Did a Costco run. Met my BFF for a chin wag. 
John golfed Wednesday and Friday.
A trip to the post office to mail some postcards. 
John returned that cheap ($100) camera, it was a piece of junk, batteries couldn't hold a charge, photos off-coloured.
It was a hot and humid week.
I was gifted a mug by my BFF.


It matches my embroidery!



Royal York is decked out in red roses.



I thought she just had a backpack, turns out it was a bird cage...


John sent this from the golf course.





COOKING
Saturday corn on cob fresh sourdough bread

Sunday chicken divan

Monday hamburger stew

Tuesday rotisserie chicken nachos

Wednesday fish chowder

Thursday ordered pizza 850 Degrees

Friday steak and sauteed mushrooms, peppers and onions


WATCHING

I convinced John that he should watch Mad Men with me. He is enjoying it although there are a lot of rants from him about the way men acted!
 We also started Shelter. Mickey lives with a mother in rehab, a dead father, an annoying aunt and a new school in New Jersey. When a creepy old woman tells him that his father isn't dead, Mickey thinks he's losing his mind.



READING

I read A Serial Killer's Daughter recommended by Jinjer The Intrepid Angeleno . The incessant bible quotes and her talks with God didn't bother me either. But if you want to know more about the crimes you'll have to find another book. 

I started The Profession of Violence: The Rise and Fall of the Kray Twins. I gave up on it towards the end as I knew the outcome.

11 comments:

  1. Too bad you met coughing tourists on the Yukon train. I'm rethinking a train trip in Canada now! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I successfully took a recommendation from Jinjer this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look like you and John been busy.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disappointingly here so many take no notice of aerial displays. I am pleased they do in Toronto.
    The Royal York displays are always so good.
    Birdcage backpack. How cool.
    The Kray Twins book sounds interesting. Maybe mention it next week after you have read it or discarded it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry that you returned home from your Arctic adventure feeling poorly. Glad it's not Covid! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    That backpack/bird cage! Wow. We have a bird and I know my bird would love to get out and around more people...

    What an airshow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Caribou Coffee building is one of my favorites from your trip!!!!!!

    Man now I'm wanting corn on the cob. Dripping with butter.

    Seeing an air show is on my bucket list so I am insanely jealous of you being able to see one from your own roof!

    Always exciting when someone reads a book I've recommended! I hope you enjoyed it.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Sorry about the Americans giving you and your husband a cold. Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're both feeling better now! I picked up a cold traveling last weekend, and the cough has gotten bad now, almost a week later. I wear a mask if I have a cough and have to be out and around other people, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing the Caribou Coffee shop. What an air show. Even more spectacular than some we put on in my city, which is known as the air capitol of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Royal York decor is quite a sight.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.