Thursday, January 13, 2022

Featured Canadian Artist of the Day

Visions of the Land
Lee Claremont ~ Mohawk n.d.



Lee Claremont is Mohawk and Irish and was born in Woodstock, Ontario. She is a member of the Grand River Six Nations, Oshweken, Ontario. Lee received her BFA (Honors) from the University of British Columbia and now resides in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in BC.

She is well known for her incredible use of colour and her very distinct and recognizable palette is a rainbow that showers us with a positive sense of emotional energy and healing. Lee also thinks that humour is also a great healer and in many of her paintings, you can find a sense of playfulness that brings a smile to your heart.

4 comments:

  1. I like these Mohawk women a lot. But I don't like the blue background. I think its just a personal taste thing for me because this is a very cool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very colorful painting. I also think it would make a great collage using painted papers. I agree with Erika on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.