Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Recipe Box - Cheesy Dilly Bread

This is such an easy recipe to whip up. I wasn't sure I had enough strong cheddar to grate so I added in some smoked apple cheddar that we had.

I think it might be just a little tastier than this apple cheddar bread I made a while ago.


I found this recipe over at The Cutting Edge of Ordinary blog. I first mentioned this recipe on a Friday Favorite Finds post.
I should have cropped my photo but Photoshop was acting up.


Easy Cheesy Dilly Loaf
recipe from Betterrecipes.com
3 cups Bisquick
1 ½ cups sharp grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 1/14 cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon salt

Oven to 350. Generously grease a 9x5 loaf pan. In a large bowl combine the Bisquick, cheese and sugar. In a second bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture blending thoroughly to remove any lumps. Turn the batter into the pan and bake until golden brown (about 40 minutes).

This bread can also be baked in a 6 cup bundt pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.