03 October 2026

September Recap

APRIL 2026 WIP




TRAVEL - September
🚄Toronto to Montreal (return) 680 miles 1,090 KM 4 days 

Accomodations 
Tru Hilton 


We ate out only on the Friday at an average pizza place on Ste. Catherine. Family fed us on Saturday and Sunday.





TRAVEL YEAR TO DATE
✈Toronto to Charlottetown (return) 1,654 miles ·2,663 KM 5 days
🚄Toronto to Montreal (return) 680 miles 1,090 KM 4 days 
✈Toronto to St. John's Newfoundland Labrador (return) 2,618 miles 4,212 KM  7 days
🚄Toronto to Montreal (return) 680 miles 1,090 KM 4 days 

TOTAL DAYS 20
TOTAL DISTANCE 5,632 miles 9,055 KM

ACCOMMODATIONS

Rodd Crowbush Golf and Beach Resort
Doubletree Hilton Place Desjardins Montreal QC
Doubletree Hilton St. John's NL
Tru Hilton Montreal QC

AROUND TOWN

It seemed to be a quiet month, we did plenty but not our usual jauntings around town. Toronto had TIFF, the air show.

EATING OUT - TORONTO

Kensington Market Pancho y Emiliano. I had a lobster roll with my BFF.

Wandered TIFF, Dundas Square, Eaton Centre, Union,Kensington Market, City Hall and saw a filming crew for Motherland.


I did go to an International wine and food tasting sponsored by a firm we deal with for their anniversary. It was on the 53rd floor of Scotiabank Plaza.

We had tastings from Canada, Portugal, Italy, France, Argentina, South Africa.


FAVOURITE SHOT THIS MONTH

We did a visit to the AGO Art Gallery of Ontario. I also went to the TMU Image Centre to see the Richard Avedon exhibit, which I didn't enjoy.


SHOWS TO DATE

ONES The Beatles
Candlelight Leonard Cohen
A Beautiful Life Neil Diamond
Inside American Pie

MURALS we found this month

Monday murals can be found in the weekly recaps.

I had to take John to see the murals on Queen St. W between the former Bay and the Eaton Centre.



AROUND HOME

  I replaced my cookie sheets. I bought some pants from Amazon and got them shortened. I bought some fall tops and some scarves.

We did spend a lot of time online, cleaning up subscriptions and security. I did a lot of blog cleaning as well. I did a recap of our St. John's NL trip. I also did the month of May and June recaps.

We had the excitement (NOT) of John losing his cell phone in Montreal and it being returned!

We also spent a lot of time planning a trip to Europe in October which includes a river cruise. Now we wait on the river cruise changes due to the low water levels.


UPDATE OCT 1 RIVER CRUISE CANCELLED - we are completing a new plan with the same countries.

COOKING

Again very quiet, nothing really new.

Added oven corn recipe to My Recipe Box



My cousin's career change.






1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great month. Climate change sure affects water levels and river cruises. I hope your new travel plan works out. Thank you for joining in The Monthly Wrap-Up.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

May 6 - Budapest Jewish Interest Tour

May 4 2012 - Copenhagen to Budapest May 5 2012 - Gate 1 Budapest May 6 part 1 - Budapest Jewish Interest Tour May 2012 - Budapest Hungary I ...