Saturday, November 26, 2022

Sweetie Pie


                                                   2021 - QUEEN ST. WEST


November 2022 - Toronto ON

Saturday was a lazy one as John's neck was still sore, the worst day so far. 
Sunday I cleaned out the fridge, made beef stock from leftover steak bones, did laundry etc.
His neck was feeling much better by the end of the week.

My knitting is coming along.




Buffalo on Sunday 7 feet of snow!


John went to Costco on Monday $370 later...but we were out of a lot of stuff and he did get three packs of ground veal, two large packs of bacon, a ham, and large packages of boneless skinless chicken thighs and skin on thighs. There were also a lot of fruit and vegetables, butter, cheese, sour cream, coffee etc.
Friday we went to Farm Boy for a "few things" $175 later. To be fair, we have been using up a lot of freezer and pantry items in the last couple of months.
We also stopped to get gluten free cannolis.



My hibiscus is happy to be inside.


As is the geranium!




Tuesday we were both up early expecting the cleaning lady at 9, we have to tidy up first!
She messaged that she had to see the lawyer about her permanent residency so could she come tomorrow afternoon or next week? I said next week, I didn't want her in the afternoon. She had just asked on Sunday if she could switch to Tuesdays until the end of the year. But now she said she will continue on Wednesdays. She's had a rough time lately, her little 6 month old was in the hospital with that nasty RSV that is going around.

I was going to get my hair cut at 10:30 but got lazy.

Wednesday 
We lost 1-0 to Belgium.


Thursday I was supposed to meet my BFF for lunch, but she realized that the Toronto Argonauts (Canadian Football) victory rally would be right at Union Station so everything would be packed at lunch hour so we rescheduled.



John went for an MRI and x-ray on his hip/groin. This was the view as he took the bus home.



The restaurant is our building is ready for Christmas! Use this link https://fb.watch/g-ioyjdcBH/.

The lobby is being decorated for the holidays.




I am tired of our cushions in the living room so ordered some from Amazon. They came on Friday.



COOKING

Saturday I used the last of the ham we had frozen with mashed turnip carrot potatoes and Brussel sprouts.

Sunday roast beef (on special at Longo's) roast potatoes broccolini and gravy.

Monday Mongolian beef (leftovers) and rice. John loved the sauce from this recipe and it certainly improved the rather boring leftover beef. I added peppers, onions and tomatoes.

Tuesday Quiche (leftover ham) with mushrooms and salad
I finally baked this gluten free bread mix I had bought last year! And wouldn't you know it, it was absolutely perfect! Best bread ever...and it is discontinued!!!!
No wonder it is so good, it was created by Thomas Keller's chefs at French Laundry. I searched recipe blogs for a good gluten free bread and found that many also liked this flour. I couldn't find it anywhere to buy, mostly out of stock. I finally found it at Healthy Planet Canada and bought two bags of the flour and one bag of the wholesome flour.







Wednesday quiche and salad

Masala roast chicken with spicy onions, I added tomatoes. You can use any type of chicken, I used thighs. The recipe also includes potatoes but we had salad to use up. This is a very tasty dish, although we wished the skin had gotten crispier.

Friday steak, peppers, mushrooms and onions.

WATCHING

The Man with the Iron Heart (released as HHhH in France and Killing Heydrich in Canada) is a 2017 biographical action-thriller film.
In 1942, the Czech resistance in London sends two young recruits to Prague to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich, the most ruthless Nazi leader who is the Reich-protector, head of the SS and the Gestapo, and the architect of the Final Solution.

The Stranger  is a 2022 Australian psychological crime thriller film starring Joel Edgerton and Sean Harris. Based on the non-fiction book The Sting: The Undercover Operation That Caught Daniel Morcombe's Killer by Kate Kyriacou, and inspired by the murder investigation of Daniel Morcombe,the film follows an investigation of a child abduction case, with an undercover police officer (Edgerton) in a sting operation tasked with getting close to and forming a friendship with the prime suspect (Harris). Really good, dark and sinister.

Netflix’s Norwegian crime thriller drama series “The Lorenskog Disappearance” is a dramatized semi-fictional retelling of a high-profile case that shook Norway in 2018. Following the abduction of a billionaire’s wife from their own house, the Norwegian police looked into various leads and theories to try and solve the already convoluted case.

I'm still on The Crown kick, almost finished season 5.
I watched The Traitor King about Edward's involvement with the Nazis.
John recorded (for me!) Prince Andrew: Banished and we both watched it.


READING

The Other Husband was a decent read with a bit of a stretch plot, rather convoluted.

Read The Last Queen. It tells the same stories as The Crown with lots of background and additional details on those episodes. I totally enjoyed it.
Oddly, the book does not cover the Al Fayeds' background at all, other than mentioning the elder bought Harrod's and the incident of the photo taken of Diana and Dodi on a private yacht.



10 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like anyone can pop out to the shops in Buffalo.
    Hehe, the bread doesn't quite look like the picture on the packet.
    You had a busy enough week then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Andrew. I grabbed the photo from their website, not thinking that I had baked the multigrain one!

      Delete
  2. You have had a busy week. Your living room looks lovely. Have a wonderful December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much snow in Buffalo! Do you get a lot of snow where you live? We had snow in the beginning of the week, but none now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your living room! I too switch out throw pillows for the holidays. I've gone gluten free too, I'll have to look for that bread mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always worry about my son in Chicago in winter, but Buffalo is so much worse.

    I'm amazed how well your hibiscus and geranium are doing indoors.

    Oh, those cannolis! That's something I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mongolian beef recipe sounds good! Bookmarked it.

    I looked but could only find an UNauthorized biography of Mohamed Al-Fayed. I also see that he wrote his own autobiography. Not sure if either is truthful or interesting. If not, I wish someone would write one!

    How did the bus driver see to drive in those whiteout conditions?????

    I like your knitting project so far and your Christmasy livingroom and the building lobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The driver could see, the fog was rolling in from the south. The road was lit and you could see the cars' rear lights.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is a crazy amount of snow! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.