Saturday, November 19, 2022

Croissant Moon Bakery


December 2016 - Universal Studios Florida


November 2022 - Toronto ON

John woke Saturday to a stiff neck which he blamed on the dentist chair on Friday. Sunday and Monday were good, he even cleaned the grout in the small bathroom on Monday. Tuesday he was in excruciating pain which continued through the week but eased a little on Friday and then back in full force on Saturday.

All good things must come to an end - Sunday evening the temperature dropped to 0 C and we put the heat on!
And Tuesday we had our first dusting of snow.




I brought in my balcony plants, cleaned up the balcony, throwing out some plants and pots.

I'm continuing my declutter/organize/use up kick. I filled my spice jars and collected all the extra spices in one place in the pantry. kitchen drawer I emptied.
Odds and sods are getting purged as I clean out drawers. 
I forgot to mention we got rid of my old golf clubs, we gave them to a friend's grandson and he was pleased.
Our car and condo insurance is up for renewal, so I sent a request to the company that had given a presentation a few months ago to the residents of the building. I filled out their form for the condo and am waiting for a response. 

I hate when chili etc. turn your storage containers red, they never feel clean. I did some research and found that hand sanitizer got a 5/5 score, so I tried it, not bad.

We went to pick up John's new hearing aids, I shopped while he was getting them, then went for Burger Priest burgers, always good.
I spotted this unusual license plate from Yukon!!



John had an appointment to get his snow tires put on but when he got there, it was a two hour wait, so he rescheduled.

We have been "requested" to wear masks when taking our shuttle bus.

I did a Longo grocery shop as they are predicting a snowy weekend, but nothing like Buffalo, across the lake from us, is getting slammed with! They currently have three feet of snow!






COOKING

We are working on using up a lot of the pantry hoardings.

Saturday Asian dumplings

Sunday wings and fries - John cooked
Lemon ice box pie - used up two cans of evaporated milk (why did I buy 4?), alas, the pie never set.

Monday spaghetti frozen leftover sauce mixed with a jar 

Tuesday the last of the chicken quarters from the freezer BBQ'd roast potatoes and carrots
I used up a box of pizza dough (2017!) for sausage rolls, also the last ones in the freezer.

Wednesday salad with hard boiled eggs, beets and goat cheese since we had burgers for lunch.

Thursday coconut shrimps and salad

Friday steak sandwiches 


WATCHING

1883 is an American Western drama television limited-run series. The series stars Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Sam Elliott, Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett, Marc Rissmann, Audie Rick, Eric Nelsen and James Landry Hébert. The series is a prequel to Sheridan's series Yellowstone and follows the story of how the Duttons came to own the land that would become the Yellowstone Ranch.

We enjoyed it.

READING

I started The Therapist and am enjoying it, but Alice is just a dumb character, so annoying.

8 comments:

  1. I heard that the Niagara area got slammed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that Croissant Moon Bakery so much! And yes I get the play on Crescent Moon! Love it!

    That is indeed annoying when chili (and spaghetti sauce!) turn your storage containers red.

    I wonder what is up with John's neck! Hope the pain is completely gone soon!

    Hope you have a cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outdoor decoration of the Croissant Moon Bakery is very lovely and imaginative. I hope their baked goods are also delicious.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm continuing my reduce/reuse/recycle/repair kick, too. Hope John is feeling better. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you didn’t get too much snow and I bet John wished he had waited to have the snow tires on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That sounds so cold. And the poor folks across the lake in Buffalo. Whew. We are visiting family in north Texas, and it's been so cold here. We had a lovely fire tonight.

    I wonder if my son knows about 1883. He and his wife are big Yellowstone fans.

    So sorry to hear about your husband's neck troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got snow, but nothing like you. Hoping John is feeling better now. Bummer on the pie not setting. I'll have to check out 1883. Sorry I've been so absent lately, but I'll be back in business either this weekend (US Thanksgiving) or next -- we had almost 2 months of doctor's appts -- Mr. BFR's cataract surgery & followups, plus a bunch of other well-visits that were delayed because of COVID -- and then I had a women's weekend making lace (so glad to see friends). Soooo nothing bad, but just couldn't find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.