Monday, March 28, 2022

Monday Mural

 I'm linking up at Monday Mural


March 2022 - Toronto ON

This article makes me sad. I passed these murals every day when I was on the subway going to work, until I retired in 2011. Even now, if we take the subway downtown we pass by them at the Dundas West subway stop.

Artists, historians speak out against plans to demolish Keele St. mural wall.

Artists have been adding their work to the "Keele Wall", which lies between Dundas West Station and Keele Station along the rear walls of Bloor Street West, for more than three decades.
In 2009 I went with my BFF on an outing with our cameras to take photos of these.
Yes, real cameras, heavy ones, DSLRs. I knew nothing about murals and certainly didn't know the names of any Toronto muralists.

 I haven't ever posted these as I only started doing Monday Mural in early 2013!!!!
Moses wasn't painted on the wall when I took these.


The murals continued along the lane.

















Now I recognize Birdo's work immediately!

























7 comments:

  1. They are great murals and it is pity to see them defaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great collection, glad you saved it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...sadly, public art is not permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection, glad you photographed them. We also have a Hitchcock mural in Perth. Thanks for participating in Monday murals Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great combinations of realism and comic-ism (is that a term, I wonder) and just plain graphic fun! Good to see these, though they may have all become memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of these were so very realistic, some almost surreal. What an amazing collection. It's great you photographed these when you did. This is a great body of priceless murals, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.