Tuesday, May 9, 2023

T for Tuesday

 T Stands For is hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard

May 2023 - Toronto ON

I went to the Gardiner Ceramic Museum last week. The last time I went was in 2019 to see Savour.
I will split my visit into several posts.


The George R. Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art (commonly shortened to the Gardiner Museum) is a ceramics museum in Toronto. The museum is situated within the University of Toronto's St. George campus. The 4,299.2-square-metre (46,276 sq ft) museum building was designed by Keith Wagland, with further expansions and renovations done by KPMB Architects.


The museum was established by George and Helen Gardiner and was opened to the public on 6 March 1984. In 1987, management of the institution was assumed by the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). The ROM continued to manage the Gardiner Museum until 1996 when an additional endowment to the museum allowed it to reincorporate as an independent institution.












9 comments:

  1. Oh, my! What beautiful pieces! Wouldn't it be elegant to use gorgeous sets like these. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful treasures. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tea sets are amazing. I wish I could see the design on the yellow one, but wouldn't it be fun to have an elegant aftertea one for a day? Hope your T day is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sets are beautiful. The gold is elegant. The second set reminds me style wise of a toy set I have from my childhood. Both are just gorgeous. Extravagant, too. Thanks for sharing these stunning tea and coffee sets for T this Tuesday, dear Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some fabulous tea sets. What elaborate presents someone would have presented. Lovely post, Jackie. Happy Late T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous tea sets! Wow. Thanks for sharing with us, because I will never get to go see it for myself. Happy belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How elegant are those tea sets! I like them all. That ceramics museum has to be really interesting.
    Thanks so much for sharing these incredible photographs with us.
    Hope you had a lovely t-day. I wish you a nice Thursday
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tea sets! So exquisite. I wonder if they were ever used. (I'd be scared to use it).
    Looking forward to seeing more of this museum.
    Sorry for the late comment,
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.