Saturday, April 22, 2023

Cupán Tae

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

April 2023 - Toronto ON

Galway Ireland  *

* Cafe is now closed.  

We had incredible summer-like weather all weekend (and last week) but all good things must come to an end.
I sat outside on the patio on Saturday to read while John went for a walk.







On Sunday I had a shout-out for last week's One Word Sunday at Travel with Intent for the word YELLOW.
Thanks to everyone who shared some yellow last week.
Special thanks go to David for his natural yellows, and Jackie for showing us the yellow fields of Ireland.




And then

Monday turned out to be a surprisingly productive day.

John used the golf simulator. 
Then he got a call that the new fridge would be delivered on Tuesday between noon and 4 PM.
We emptied it out and unplugged it.

I got a call from the blinds guy regarding one that is fraying. He said they are under warranty (I never even thought of that). I explained the problem and sent him photos. He mentioned that he has changed suppliers and may not have the same material in stock, which I understand. He will come by and pick it up.




Then I finally tracked down the kitchen contractor, I thought he was ignoring me (so not like him) but he had gone on vacation and came back and the whole family got sick, he was just back at work. That's fine we'll schedule the painting at some point.


Tuesday he went for his spring booster (was booked for Wednesday but it interfered with his golf) at Commerce Court.
The guys did a spider treatment on the balconies.
The new fridge was delivered! Of course, now the doors have to be flipped. John did a great job getting it balanced.



Wednesday John golfed in the cold, but he was bundled up. His golf GPS is worse for wear, it is over 10 years old, so he bought a new one.

I got my booster, also at Commerce Court. I caught the 9:30 bus and came home at 2. I went to The Shoe Company and bought 2 pairs of shoes to replace some that had seen better days. Then to Winners, then decided to go to The Bay as it has been ages.

Commerce Court -   Overboard Rethinking the things we cast away.


Popcorn in The Bay.





I tried on the pants I bought and they are going back, too long, too baggy. They are to the floor on me.




From there I stopped at McD's for a McCrispy, meh, I like the McChicken better. 

Thursday John took an Amazon return to Purolator, the car in for an appointment for the bumper and a Costco run.

Friday John used the golf simulator. I went to College Park, for the first time in a long time. Bought a couple of tops in Winners, picked up some groceries in Metro, and grabbed a KFC slider for lunch.
John had a Happy hour Zoom meeting with his son.


Royal Bank lobby had a "save the bees" display.





COOKING
Meals are being planned based on what we have in the freezer as we wait for our new fridge. We want to replace the freezer so we will try not to add anything.

Saturday pulled pork using frozen pork button bones and frozen buns.
I made a small lemon cheesecake, and against my instincts, I did bake the crust before adding the cheesecake filling. Normally any recipes I use don't pre-bake the crust, resulting in a burnt horrible taste. I threw it out.

Sunday chicken wings (freezer) and fries (John picked up potatoes at Rabba)

Monday hamburger patties (frozen) mashed potatoes and corn. I also made chicken soup for lunch from a frozen chicken quarter that needed to be used up.

Tuesday ham and broccoli quiche and salad (using what we had). Easter ham was frozen and broccoli hanging around.


Wednesday ham and kale salad (I picked up in Longo's).

Thursday spaghetti with homemade meat sauce ordered Swiss Chalet chicken

Friday steak broccoli and garlic bread...


WATCHING

We tried, we really did try, but we cannot get into Succession. So we continue with Empire. We also caught up on our recorded shows, Next Level Chef, Weakest Link, Lucky Hank, and True Lies.



READING

I read Two and Two: McSorley's, My Dad and Me, I enjoyed it but it reminded me of a similar book.

I finally got around to finishing Love You to Death, my library copy had expired, and I had to wait for another copy. I really enjoyed it, although I did think the ending was a little far-fetched.

I started Lyrebird - nope, did not like it.

I am enjoying The Personal Assistant, "exploring the dark side of the digital world when a mommy-blogger’s assistant goes missing".



5 comments:

  1. I love your weather in Canada sign :-) Thanks for the suggestion for the British crime show, our library doesn't have it but they will borrow for me. Looking forward to season two of Bloodlands which they just acquired.

    Quiche looks good - I made a Mary McCartney recipe this past week and we like it. Lots of caramelized onions and cheddar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cities, including Melbourne, claim the four seasons in one day title. I can't imagine what to talk to strangers about if we didn't have variable weather.
    I can only guess what a golf GPS does.
    I assume the new 'fridge is working as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cartoon about the weather made me think of a radio announcer last week who was introducing Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons.” He remarked that in Michigan, Vivaldi could just call it “April.” Have a good week!

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had some glorious weather here lately, and I've really enjoyed getting out. Hope your weather settles down there and you can enjoy some beautiful days.

    That quiche looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.