Saturday, April 29, 2023

Mizzica

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

April 2023 - Toronto ON


MIZZICA - expressing awe, wonder, or disbelief in something.

It was a cold and dreary weekend, but we weren't going anywhere! I did some baking, otherwise, we just entertained ourselves.

But it wasn't a nice weekend if you wanted to see the cherry blossoms at their peak.


Monday John used the golf simulator. After lunch, we went downtown to The Bay. He needed a sports jacket since he got rid of all his suits. He came home with not one but three. There were major sales and I happened to ask if it was seniors' day the salesman said tomorrow, but then he cancelled the transaction and redid it with the 15% seniors' discount. Nice!
Two Calvin Klein and one Ted Baker.



We stopped into Rexall because John had yet to receive his Covid certificate update from last week's booster. Fixed!

I returned the leggings that I had bought and didn't like.

Monday Mural was from last week's trip to Commerce Court.

Tuesday John took the car in for the damaged fender, which happened in September when we were in Newfoundland.
RCMP officer, chatting with John.

It turned out to be a fifteen-minute job and no charge!!! How's that for service?!?!


I went for a haircut and then did some shopping - four shirts!



Wednesday we both headed out for manicures and pedicures the sun was shining, and it felt warm. But it soon became overcast and cold.
There was only one person working when we got there, she was expecting the owner and her husband shortly, however, it was getting late so I asked her to do John instead as he needed to get back first... The owner then arrived and they both worked on John!


John then headed off to golf. I hemmed and hawed about what I wanted to do, but by then it was looking like rain, so I just went to Longo's to pick up some groceries.

Thursday I met my BFF for lunch and a chin wag! We decided we wanted to find a lobster roll since our other spot had closed. We found a perfect one at Buster's Sea Cove in Commerce Court food court.
For $22 it came with two sides, we chose fries and coleslaw. We'll be back! They have a lot of other seafood choices.



Friday we packed up and left early afternoon for a funeral out of town. We drove to Brockville (4 hours) and stayed at the Hampton Inn for the evening as the funeral is at 10AM Saturday in Cornwall (1 hour).
On the way.

This was a new Hampton Inn that was very nice.



COOKING




Dinner - ham, mashed potatoes, and broccoli (big bag from Costco).

Sunday - leftover steak sandwiches with peppers, onions, and cheese.

Monday chicken a la orange with broccoli 

Tuesday spaghetti with homemade meat sauce

Wednesday salmon, lemon garlic roasted red potatoes, and broccoli, yes, we are going to finish this Costco bag.

Thursday gluten-free pizza
I found this frozen pizza dough at Longo's. EPIC FAIL we couldn't get it to stick together even after adding more water. We threw it out and used some frozen focaccia we had.




Friday cheeses and crackers in the hotel.


WATCHING

Other than our favourite recorded shows we continued with Empire.

READING

I read and finished The Things We Cannot Say, I'll just say it was tear-jerker! Not my usual kind of read, and I did skim some of it, but wanted to know the ending.

I started EcholandJune 1940. France is teetering on the brink of collapse. British troops are desperately fleeing Dunkirk. Germany is winning the war. Its next target is Britain . . . and Ireland. In neutral Dublin, opinions are divided.

I also started The Couple at the Table by Sophie Hannah, whom I normally enjoy. But the beginning was so convoluted that I was so confused. It got back on an even keel, but really, why would I care about these entitled people with a plot that was a little crazy.

6 comments:

  1. Busy week.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some photo of the car off the road! Thanks for the suggestion of Mayor of Kingston. Just added it to my reserves at the library. Good eating this week- love the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had some great food this week. Good food is important :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't so nice when salespeople give a discount even when it isn't really the right day?

    I would love to see the cherry blossoms. I promise not to cut the branches!

    You had a busy and interesting week, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, as always. Our cherry tree died, but the pear and apple trees are blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.