Friday, June 20, 2014

My Recipe Box - Pineapple Banana Bread


I made this from a Taste of Home recipe and it was great. I didn't have two loaf pans so I used a bundt pan and it worked very well.






Moist Pineapple Banana Bread

32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar  I didn't use all this sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon add more if you wish
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained I had a can of pineapple pieces so I mashed those.
  • 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and
  • cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add
  • pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until
  • moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
  • Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
  • clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
  • Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.

1 comment:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.