17 April 2026

My Recipe Box - Parmesan Roasted Potatoes

 April 2026 - Toronto ON


I tried these and John pronounced them a keeper, so here it is!

I really only eyeballed the ingredients for two of us. As I mention below, I improvised with a russet potato.

I think this would be great with sweet potatoes!

Ingredients
  
¾ pound mini gold potatoes scrubbed and halved. I sliced 1 large russet potato into 5 pieces
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
onion powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 ½ ounces Parmesan cheese freshly grated, a heaping 3/4 cup
2 teaspoons truffle oil optional

Instructions
 
Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Grate the cheese directly over an 8x10-inch or similarly sized baking dish, then spread into a single layer.
Nestle the potatoes tightly beside each other in rows in the baking dish, cut side down, so you have a potato "sheet."
Bake until the Parmesan is deep golden brown, about 50 to 60 minutes, depending upon your dish and oven.
Let cool, until the cheese hardens into a delish crispy layer, about 5 minutes. Drizzle the truffle oil over the top (if using). 

3 comments:

  1. The idea of the Parmesan forming a crisp golden layer underneath is especially appealing, and the simple seasoning lets the potatoes really shine. It is the kind of straightforward, comforting dish that tends to become a regular once it earns its place at the table.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Weekend Roundup

 Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveller 1. Starts with " K " 2. A Favorite 3. KIND - chosen by To...